Extensions announced for lodgement of Excise tax and VAT returns
By Joanne Vaz
- The Federal Tax Authority (FTA) issued a decision on 14 April 2020, which allows Excise Tax registrants to file two separate tax Returns, for March and the other for April 2020, and settle the total payable for the two months by 17 May 2020.
- It also issued a directive on 21 April 2020, which provides an extended new deadline of 28 May 2020 for submitting VAT returns and payment of tax for the tax quarter ended 31 March 2020.
- The directive issued on an exceptional basis also allowed registrants with monthly VAT returns, to submit the monthly return for the period ended 31 March 2020, to be lodged and paid by 28 May 2020.
- The FTA also advised tax payers to complete the returns accurately.
- The extension comes as a relief for tax payers who might be facing difficulties in fulfilling their tax obligations due to movement restrictions taken by the government to prevent the spread of the COVID-19.
Senat MEA DMCC is a full service platform, founded in 2014, with roots in Dubai that go back as far as 1984. Dedicated to trust and efficiency, at Senat MEA DMCC we ensure that our clients are equipped with leading counsel in navigating the region while taking into account the global nature of business and the importance of developing long lasting relationships.
Senat MEA DMCC’s team of lawyers, accountants and business consultants are highly qualified and come from a variety of backgrounds enabling us to supply you with incomparable expertise and outstanding services.